Just for a laugh ...

Have you seen that group on Facebook?  'I Dont Need Anger Management ... You Just Need To Stop Pissin Me Off !!'?

I joined it ... more out of an act of flippancy than any real feeling on the subject ... or was it?

I sit and consider all the times that I've blown it with regard to PTSD.  The near scrapes, arguments, scraps ... and the one thing I can honestly say is I never started any of them.  I tend to be more of a peace loving, furry, cuddly creature ... until provoked.  It got me thinking about other Veterans that I've met in places like Combat Stress and the Royal British Legion clubs ... the ones that would kick off without some sort of provocation are in a minority; usually people that like violence for the sake of it.  But that's just my experience.  I guess the difference with Veterans is that we were conditioned and pushed, very hard, to never give up, whatever ths cost ... pushed so hard that that became part of the hard wiring.  Sometimes we can walk away from a situation ... sometimes we won't.

All people have to do to be able to interact and share space with someone that has PTSD (irrespective of how the condition was caused) is to just be thoughtful, don't judge, be polite, be calm and mind your manners.  The kind of thing that we were all brought up to do in past generations ... but hold on a minute!  Isn't that the way we should all be with all of human society anyway? 

If you're having a shitty day, stay at home and keep it to yourself ... don't pass it around.

Wolf

Popular Posts